SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

New Set Up would like advice please

rjinga
15 years ago

I am connecting to a faucet that was installed from the main line (by the guy who put in my sprinklers).

I have a relatively square space that is 26 feet by about 24 feet.

I have only tomatoes in this area and they are about 2 to 3 feet apart and the rows are about 3 feet apart.

I have purchased the following: 1/2 tubing, 1/4 inch tubing, 2 gph emitters that are pressure compensating, a 50 psi regulator and then some hose adapater that will connect to the regulator. T's, elbows, wire u-shaped anchors to hold the tubing in place, a punch, goof plugs (not that I will need THOSE) and I cant think of their name but the piece that will join the 1/2 tubing together, and an end cap.

I intend to frame the bed and use the T's to place tubing down each row.

My question is that if I use the 1/4 inch tubing to position the emitter closer (if necessary) to the plant, what fitting is needed to keep the 1/4 inch tube in the 1/2 tube? I thought (I hope) of everything but that. certainly there must be some fitting to hold it in? Maybe a barbed end piece? Yah, that must be it :)

Can anyone offer any thougths, suggestions, hints, tips, warnings, etc :)

I have a neighbor who will likely help me, but I sorta want to do this myself. I just dont want to mess it up or forget something.

I dont have any concerns about timers or backflow devices, I might need a filter? I just want to keep it simple but make sure I get all the parts necessary to make it work properly.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner