SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jas3600

John Deere X300 Traction Issues

jas3600
15 years ago

Just completed my first 8 hrs on our new JD X300!!! Changed my oil and now have 10 hrs on the X300. It mows great! The first week I mowed with it I had several traction problems on our hilly property. I spoke with my JD Rep and asked if the rear trans axle would hold up with Carlisle SUPER LUG Tires? He stated that the X300 could however he would not suggest it with any of the LA 100 series. The X300's just were a better and stronger rider. I sold the 20X10-8 Carlisle Multi-Trac turf savers on e-bay for $85 including shipping, therefore I only had about $40 in upgrading to the LUG Tires! These tires turned this X300 into a traction machine!!! I pull all the the hills in the property without a slip! OR seldom slip, which tears up grass (or aerates the lawn as I like to refer to it).

This mower is the third rider I have owned. Previously a Craftsman 38 inch with 12.5 BS motor, and a Simplicity with a 38 inch and a 14 BS motor both did the job, but nothing like this JD!!!

My Father has an International Cub from the late 70's which has shaft drive and disk brakes along with Hydro, Hydro deck lift, and PTO hook up for tiller or bucket. The Cub has a 16 HP Kohler and is still kicking HARD!

I can only hope this X300 does the same.

Truly wish I could have afforded a JD equivalent to Dads Cub but $10k nope.

Lawn/Garden Tractors aren't made like they used to be, however they are safer for the kids to be around!!!

For all that have the X300 and need extra traction go get Carlisle 20X10-8 Super Lugs and take control of your lawn by the antlers!!!!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor