SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anotherlinda

Why intermittent low pressure in one zone only?

anotherlinda
16 years ago

Hello,

We've been experiencing a perplexing problem with our front yard irrigation system that had previously worked perfectly for 15+ years. Four irrigation zones operate normally, but the zone that waters the large lawn area has a problem with inconsistent pressure that began this Spring.

I've had an irrigation repairman out twice, but of course, the zone works perfectly when he is here (turned on at the valve or at the control box) - all pop-ups pop up with good water pressure. At my insistence, he replaced the valve for that zone and also replaced some of the sprinkler heads, but the problem remains.

When I turn the zone on through the control box, either manually or through the timer, 70% of the time there is inadequate pressure to bring all the sprinkler heads up fully - water streams from the bottom of each sprinkler head. There is no other water usage at the house during these times to account for the drop in pressure. I've tried testing the zone at different times of the day, early morning, middle of the day, late at night - doesn't make a difference, sometimes they will work, sometimes not.

I've checked for soggy areas but can't find any.

Does anyone have any other ideas what the cause for intermittent low pressure on one zone?

Thank you!

Linda

Comments (11)