SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
letsgarden_gw

Need Recommendations for Great Landscaping Specimens

letsgarden
14 years ago

Alright, so Spring is almost here and I'm looking for a nice landscape tree (or one that doesnt get above 20 ft. tall and 15 ft. wide). This would go in front of our house, so I guess it would be a foundation planning (6 ft. from foundation). We considered a weeping norway spruce or weeping pine, but thought a tree would be nice since we get extreme summer sun for 4-5 hours during the afternoon and a nice flowering/shade tree would be nice. I want something that will be fast growing (it's ok if it only lasts 20-25 years, because by then we will probably be sick of the tree and want a change). PLEASE PLEASE give me all your best recommendations! I recently visited Lowes and they already had trees for sale. some of the available varieties were: Niobe Weeping willow (I think the roots are vigorous on those, so cross that off the list), Weeping Cherry, Eastern Redbud (which I may be interested in), and a Cleveland Select Flowering Pear? (The only pears I like are Bradford's and I've got one of those already!, but I know what you're gonna say, "take pictures because it isn't going to last past 15 years." Mine was planted 2 years ago, so I still have years to enjoy it.

I recently ordered a few trees and wanted to know your thoughts:

-Saucer (soulegeana) Magnolia

-Colorado Blue Spruce

-Dappled Willow Tree

I thought of getting a Laceleaf Maple, but the price for a small one astounded me ($89!)

Thank you & Have a good day!

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz