SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sinataly_gw

non-functional irrigation system

Sinataly
9 years ago

Hi everyone! It's my first time posting :)

We bought our house a year ago and finally are getting to figuring out the irrigation system problem. We were told that 'sprinklers never worked' with no further explanation.
We hired a landscaper, who claimed he can fix that, but all he did - replaced the valves, charged us several hundreds for that, and then quoted $1700+ to finish the job.
As far as I know the system has not been tested to figure out what was wrong with it.

So the valves were replaced. We have seemingly working control panel.
We are now digging out the pipes and it looks that they have been in an OK condition (before we broke some while digging)...
So what can be wrong with the system?
The guy who worked on the system was going to do what we are doing now - dig out the pipes and replace them. But how would it help?

I cleaned up the area around valves and it looks like such a mess - but what do I know about how it is supposed to be! I will try to attach a photo of what it look like right now.

We are at a loss of what to do next. Any advice will be appreciated. Is there a way to test the system to figure out what is wrong and what needs to be done?

Thank you!

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting