SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluesibe

Rosalia Bacchanalia

bluesibe
15 years ago

What a fabulous two days it has been. It started on Friday as Luanne, Norm and I awaited the arrival of Andrea and Missy. Missy called to say that they were stuck in a massive traffic jam, but they finally arrived at around 7:30 about 3 hours later than expected. Dinner awaited and the celebration began. It was great to see Missy, we hadn't had a visit from her for about 3 or 4 years and we hope that next year she will return to her family in the North. Poor Missy, stayed at my home with the three dogs and was forced to go to bed early and awake on husky time, but she was a trooper, never complaining. We thought we would get started early on Saturday, but of course it is impossible. We had so much fun on the way up, laughing so hard, we just about cried. The day was cold and misty. But the day last year was exactly the same. And Luanne and I had learned our lesson, dress in light layers that could easily be shed. What a surprise when we got Red Rose Ridge and the skies were grey, overcast, cold and drizzly. Not one layer was removed. But who cared, we walked into the the Temple's home, and the table was crowded with good eats and drinks and there were musician friends of Pam's playing in the living room. It was cold outside but the atmosphere was warm and welcoming. The usual assortment of 100+ people weren't there, making the narrow pathways open and we could see many once bloomers that we had missed in past years.

It was a wonderful gathering, Michael AT, Paula and Tom, but our friends Karen and Bill didn't make it. We met these women who make goat cheese (wonderful!) and Regina, that wonderful photographer was there.

There is nothing like Rosalia, a wonderful orgy of all the best things in life, a beautiful garden with an everchanging palette, interesting people, good friends, food, music and lots of love.

Luanne, Andrea, Missy and Michael were all taking photos. So let this just be my humble offering.

Enjoy.

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Rosalia 2008

Comments (16)

• seattlesuze
    15 years ago

What a wonderful Rosalia - thank you so much for taking pictures and telling stories, Carol. It sounds like you all had a splendid and wonderful time. I could almost hear the music playing - a string quartet or celtic? Will have to ask Pamela The Glorious who the musicians are. The garden is so beautiful, lush and wonderful, and it just makes the gray skies disappear far into the distance. And lucky you to have Missy over to stay! I'm glad Missy and Andrea came and that you all had hours of laughs and visit. A perfect way to start the summer.

Sue

• patricianat
    15 years ago

I spy lots of roses and friends, and the illusive Andrea & Missy with pretty Luanne. Someone made a beautiful and looks to be delicious treat. Did you guys let Andrea eat all the roses?!?

• michaelalreadytaken
    15 years ago

Pam & Michael, thank you so very much!

I've said it before and will say it again, the roses and the garden are miraculous!

Otherwise, I had a wonderful day all around.

I was privileged to meet Regina and Missy, each for the first time, as well as visit with friends. It was GREAT!!!

I posted a few nonrose, nonpeople photos on the other gallery to keep this one's bandwidth manageable.

The View

M

• mendocino_rose
    15 years ago

My dears. Rosalia is probably the most important day of my year. The garden is blooming after many days of hard work and then my beloved friends come to grace it. There couldn't be anything more wonderful. The photos are fabulous. I must say Michael's are spectacular! Sue the muscians played for free. I have met the others but Steve is my special friend. We have worked in the ceramic studio next to each other for years now. They play folk/celtic music. What an honor to have them.

• jackie_o
    15 years ago

Sounds like a wonderful weekend with such a beautiful destination as Pam's garden.

• carolfm
    15 years ago

I'm jealous, but happy that you all had such a good time. Pam, I love your outfit and the hat was the crowning touch :-). The fairies were obviously hard at work, lots of beautiful blooms out there! It is an enchanted and enchanting place. Andrea could have eaten all the roses she wanted, I would have eaten all of David's cake.....

Carolina

• patricianat
    15 years ago

Wow, Michael, you are getting too good with that camera! Beautiful setting for a rose garden, music, a rose party and friends.

• luanne
    15 years ago

Just to flesh out the magnificence, one of the highlights is always Pam's other art work:
    {{gwi:264405}}
    {{gwi:264407}}
    The utter glory of the roses
    {{gwi:264410}}
    {{gwi:264412}}
    Pam's gift for landscaping
    {{gwi:264413}}
    the generosity of her welcome{{gwi:264414}}
    Madame Hardy
    {{gwi:264415}}
    More beauty than you can shake a stick at.
    {{gwi:264416}}
    Some of the nicest people you'll ever photograph
    Anyway that is my take.
    la

• mendocino_rose
    15 years ago

Oh Luanne that's wonderful. Thankyou!

• regina_nv
    15 years ago

Oh my, back home now, with so many images in my mind, of people and gardens.

Carol, what a pleasure meeting and talking with you, both at CoOR and then at Pamela's. I especially love that shot of Susan and Pamela, and of course the peonies.

Michael AT - again - such a pleasure! It was such fun running around the garden with you and chatting with you as we ran, dashing in for a quick bite, a quick drink, then back out again. I loved it!

And I am also so taken with the views you captured of all that loveliness. The gate, the glimpses, the foggy hills - what beautiful interpretations of what we were seeing. The rain drop closeups are also fascinating. It is especially intriguing how you were focusing on both the macroscopic and the micro, how you managed to create two such different sets of beautiful images.

Luanne - your photos are absolutely wonderful - from the masks to the long views. I am still downloading these on my slow connection, which just gave up on me, so I am still savoring and simply happy there is more to savor.

Susan EelRiver, I don't know if you are reading here, but running around the garden in the rain with you was such a highlight! The rain just disappeared amid the laughter. I could have continued on like that several hours more. It was delightful.

And David and Charlie, again, I don't know if you read here, but I loved our talks, and Olaf simply adores you both, and your Sarah. The house and the garden are just wondrous. Thank you so much for everything.

Pamela and Michael, there just are no words sufficient. What a wonderful party - I met so many interesting people and the setting -- well the setting has been described over and over, and the photos give a taste, but being there is like walking into wonderland. thank you, thank you, thank you Pamela and Michael, for this living, peopled art work which is Rosalia.

In front of the Love Garden

{{gwi:264417}}

Regina

• regina_nv
    15 years ago

And some more photos here

Here is a link that might be useful: More Red Rose Ridge

• mendocino_rose
    15 years ago

Regina I saw your beautiful photos on the gallery. Thank you so much. It was a wonderful day. It really is important to me to share the garden with people like you.

• luanne
    15 years ago

Regina that is the best picture of Pam and Michael and thank God you didn't know that Fang never let's us take pictures of her because you took a real doozey and I don't believe you said anything about your camera breaking...Maybe it was your goat cheese that won her over, she couldn't stop praising it, Justly so.
    la

• regina_nv
    15 years ago

Luanne, I wish I could take credit for the goat cheese, but that was actually not my creation. Though I did in fact have four goats in a previous incarnation, and actually did make goat cheese in that long ago time.

As for the camera breaking, not even close. I think it works better now than it ever did, with all those good thoughts and good people who emerged from the fog on that happy and glorious Saturday.

With so many people to visit with, I think you and I passed as ships in the night. I look forward to a next time, when we can remedy that oversight! I think I was dashing outside at the least pretext. It was just amazing how I barely felt the rain, and only saw it later on the photos.

Warm hearts are the magical elixir which infused us all on that lovely, mystical day.

• carla17
    15 years ago

Could someone name the folks near the food table please. That food looks great too.

Carla

• emmiegray1
    15 years ago

Luanne, that fourth photo is so pretty with the hills in the background. And thank you for capturing a shot of that big bowl of tapenade off to the right on the table! Yum!!!
    I hope you will be posting more pictures soon, and I'm also going to get an eta on Missy's pics.

I agree, that is the best photo of Pam and Michael!

A