SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bug_girl

Looking for Starbucks that will give Grounds SF Bay Area

bug_girl
14 years ago

I need to find Starbucks locations near where I live to get coffee grounds. I would not mind paying them a slightly fee. Right now, I can't get any for any of the Starbucks I am located close to. I always try to stop at Starbucks on my way. Can anyone suggest a Starbucks that would be friendly?

Each store I frequently has decided not to give any coffee grounds. They no longer put them in foil bags, because people did not pick them up fast enough. They won't let me have them when I come into the store. They ask to call ahead and I do, then they pretend I never called. They ask me "find another Starbucks".

I know it's a lot of work to put them in little foil bags, but all they had to do was throw them out after a few days so they did not perish. They said the rotten coffee ground attracted files, but if they had called me to pick them up, I could have come to take them away. They also could store them colder in the back of the store, so when people come they can bring them out.

I can also take the drip grounds the paper will compost. But, they will say things like "we have to pick out the paper and it's too much work for us." This is why I could pay or tip them. They are not gardeners and they do not understand. They only see it as another unpaid burden placed upon them.

I also contacted Starbucks on Twitter @ and they did not reply.On Twitter Starbucks is still touting the free coffee grounds and inviting people to stop by. They should send a memo to their stores explaining the policy.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012