SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenhouser

Ping: .orchiddude

greenhouser
16 years ago

orchiddude

Your orchids are beautiful. I started a new thread as it takes too long to download a long thread with pics. What kind of camera are you using to take such nice closeups? Do you use a special lens?

Comments (10)

• orchiddude
    16 years ago

Hey,

I have the Canon Powershot A80 digital camera. Canon has a wonderful line of Powershot cameras with all the bells and whistles. Mines probably 4 or 5 years old. It has a great micro setting with or without flash. No special lens, just point and shoot.

Rob

• mudhouse_gw
    16 years ago

I was wondering about that too (thanks greenhouser.) I'm still using an old Sony Mavica FD-90 (the kind you put floppy disks in, go ahead and laugh.) It's time to bite the bullet and upgrade. A good macro capability is important to me, and I'd rather not fuss with special lenses. Thanks!
    Sheri

• greenhouser
    Original Author
    16 years ago

orchiddude

Thanks for that info. I have an older HP315 PhotoSmart with a zoom lens but closeups are always blurry. I was sure you had a special lens for your camera.

• orchiddude
    16 years ago

Just keep it simple. Check out the Canons and I think you will be pleased.
    My wife wants one for Christmas, so I will be getting another one for her.

• lilydude
    16 years ago

I've got a Canon S3 IS that I really like. It's got an LCD viewfinder that tilts and rotates, so you can preview your photo with the camera at ground level, without lying on the ground. It's got macro and super-macro without changing lenses. It takes nice videos. Resolution is 6 megapixels, which is more than enough. A full-screen image on a typical computer monitor is around 1 megapixels.

• conifers
    16 years ago

Looks good Rob. That orange flower was my favorite as well! Nice palms though too. I think we all need a coffeemaker in our houses!

Dax

• funnylady
    16 years ago

I have a coffee maker in my GH, can't live without my coffee. I spend a lot of time out there sence it is now so big 2-- 10X12 FHGH together.

• greenhouser
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I still carry my coffee out there from the house. My GH is so packed with plants I can hardly move in it now. :(

I'll have to crank up the smaller HFGH for my cuttings and seedlings come late Feb.

• orchiddude
    16 years ago

I like the coffee pot idea. I have some lizards that live in around my greenhouse. They would be high as a kite if I left them a cup..lol

• rosepedal
    16 years ago

So would my chipee. I went out there this morning and he came out to say hi from under my potting bench. Why do they have to be so darn cute. I know I have to boot him out soon. Darn.......