SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natalieb2270

The Great Nashville Flood, 2010 (Picture Heavy)

natalieb2270
13 years ago

Hey everybody, I am hoping that there isn't anyone else on here from Nashville TN. Since 10am Saturday, Nashville and it's surrounding areas have received more rain on record than ever before in the history of Nashville. The last time Nashville had a big flooding event, it was the after effects of a hurricane, and this was back in the 1970's. That flooding was caused by 7 inches of rain. We received an estimate of 18 inches in my area, and some areas were hammered with a possible 20-23 inches of rain. The Cumberland river has never been recorded over 44 feet, and right now we are at 50 feet and counting. I don't know of anyone else on here in the Nashville area, but if there is, they may really need our prayers today, things are really bad up here for thousands of people. I am lucky, we didn't loose our car, or have flooding in our house. Some of our neighbors cars had water up to the driver's side windows. This is pretty crazy.

{{gwi:262977}}

This is a neighbor standing by the entrance to our neighborhood.

{{gwi:262978}}

This is typical flood damage around our city, Spring Hill.

{{gwi:262980}}

This is the road that goes into our neighborhood, we were completely stranded over the weekend.

{{gwi:262982}}

Backyard in Franklin, TN

{{gwi:262985}}

The nice golf course (now lake) in Spring Hill, TN

{{gwi:262988}}

Search and rescue in Bellevue TN (the water is ridiculously high there, makes me thankful that we didn't get that)

{{gwi:262990}}

This is Mr & Mrs. Reed of Reed's Produce and Garden Center in downtown Franklin. It is such a cute, wonderful shop that has been owned by the Reeds for generations. Their grandson is trying to save some of their plants from the floodwaters.

{{gwi:262993}}

This is an inside look at Reed's Produce and Garden Center, it is now about twice as deep in the store. This breaks my heart.

{{gwi:262995}}

This is right down the street from Reed's, in Historic Downtown Franklin, one of my favorite little big cities.

And for some news photos:

{{gwi:262997}}

{{gwi:262999}}
This is I-24, there is a video where you can see a school portable float by the interstate.

{{gwi:263001}}

Another photo of our flooded interstates

{{gwi:263003}}

This is all I have for now. There are literally THOUSANDS of people who have been evacuated from their homes. Hope everyone else is safe and sound,

Natalie

Comments (23)