SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcole_1305

Getting a 6*8 HFGH just a few questions

mcole_1305
17 years ago

Getting one of these for Christmas. I am excited. No need to argue about size or going more expensive. I have a small yard and am a poor SAHM so basically I am just so grateful my family spent this much money on me. Ok to my questions. I can't find any posts concerning putting these things up in my area. Crazy zone 5. Eastern Kansas. It gets as hot as anywhere here, can get to -20 and boy does the wind blow. This year we went from tornadoes to an ice storm in a week, if that gives you an idea. What is the best way to put this thing. Prevaling winds? Ha blows from all directions. Big storms usually come from the SW but not always. I am thinking door facing east, let me know. I have read everything about putting them up but just wondering a bit more for the wind in our area. Tornado straps? We will definately be skrewing this thing together and are planning on setting it on 2*12's. All power will have to be electric and just enough underground to mow over. Planning on burying a pipe to run it through. Is there a specific type of pool cover I will need? There are alot to choose from, any hints? If anyone is in my area and could shed some light on how it all works for our crazy weather, I would really appreciate your input. I have gardened for years, with success but this is my first experience with a greenhouse. I have always started my seeds in my kitchen, next to the west sliding glass door. lol I am really getting an upgrade. Thanks for your time and input.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths