SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scryn

bubble wrap and insulating

scryn
17 years ago

I am thinking about insulating my dw plycarbonate with the bubble wrap on the inside. We have high winds here so I don't want to put a solar cover on the outside. I think that would be a good idea, however my greenhouse is home attached and with the winds I just do not think it will stay well.

So, I was just going to run to a hardware store and buy the normal bubble wrap. I know some greenhouse stores say theirs is "better". Does anyone agree with that or should I just go the cheap and easy route?

Any other insulating ideas are welcomed! Right now I have the lower portion of the greenhouse insulated with double thick tekfoil insulation, I have maybe 10 big huge buckets of water (20 gal??), I have sealed off the door with a layer of heavy duty vinyl and my husband went around the entire greenhouse and sealed holes (where it attaches to the house) with silicone.

My greenhouse is small, 6x8 so it heats up warm and toasty during the day but still loses heat pretty quickly when the sun goes down :( We haven't had a nice sunny day since I put the water buckets in so I am not sure how those are working yet.

Comments (30)