SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sybilla_gw

Large (climbing) rich apricot rose for 'shade'

sybilla
13 years ago

Hi,

I've been lurking here and learned so much about roses generally and apricots in particular, but still have so much to learn! I'm hoping you might weigh in with advice and opinions for a specific rose choice I'm making. The front of my house faces north, so 6 hours of sun is the most I can hope for. My priorities for this spot are color, size and "vigorousness" owing to being zone 6 and not having much sun. I'm willing to spray as necessary.

Color - looking for deep, vibrant, rich apricot, ok if there is some fading or multi-hue including paler peach but ideally no "pink".

Size - want a very large rose, probably climbing but tall upright would work too.

Vigorousness - realize this is the subjective part where all your experiences come in!

I keep coming back to Westerland and Bronze Star (prefer large doubles over small or singles). Also looking at Papi Delbard, Polka and Royal Sunset but am concerned these may be too pale or more "finicky". Availability is a whole other issue, and I would love and appreciate any and all feedback since this is my first rose endeavor :) Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!