SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleevendog

assistance with ZTR purchase

About to be a new riding mower gal. I have 6 acres but only about 1.5-2 is clear. The past 5-7yrs we have had it serviced. Mostly open field as it was a working farm years ago. Some old maples and my garden that is fenced from deer intruders. (that i tend with a weed-wack) as it is mostly raised beds.
I've had a Dr bush hog for 15yrs that i adore. Starts every spring and we take good care. Only serviced once and we tend the blade sharpening ourselves. I use it for the meadow paths. It is a working monster.

The service guys got a bit lazy the last couple years when the son took over the business. The mowed borders would get smaller and smaller throughout the season...i would bush hog back and they would ignore my efforts. (it was so obvious where the line used to be) So i fired them. At 2 grand a season and probably their easiest clients, i want to tend it myself and save a buck. I actually like mowing. No fancy landscaping, just looks good to have clean mowed land. The rest we let go wild with wildflowers and bush hog once a year to keep it from getting lumpy.
The area i will mow has a slight pitch but not that noticeable, just gives really good drainage. So never muddy, ever.

I've narrowed my choices down to two because of dealer location and service. The closest, (i just spoke with him) is Hysquavarna. He picks up and delivers for service and found out he is a neighbor.
(All homes in my area are acres apart so we don't know everyone like some towns. Country farms)
This is my weekend country home...i live in the city where i work...

The other is CubCadet. Was my first choice but a bit further down the mountain, 25 miles. Though not a bad drive and on our way back to the city. Not out of the way.

Budget? I thought 2500-3 but seeing so many options and different motors and 'ya get what you pay for' reviews, i'm a bit stuck...

Comments (17)

Sponsored
More Discussions