SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swashbuckler_gw

Tuff Torq K46V

swashbuckler
14 years ago

I was having a lot of trouble with my lawn tractor losing power. I decided to find out why. After doing a little searching on the internet I found that I needed to change the oil in it. When I pulled out the sealer cap and the removing the magnet I found gritty sludge stuck to the magnet. I decided to take my transmission apart and clean it out real good. Everything went well untill I started to put it back together. The hydraulic pumps inside are a devil to reasemble. Especialy the one driven by the pully shaft on top of the tranny.

I found out also that it has TWO magnets and a small filter inside. The filter was really dirty.

There are two small steel balls inside that are really easy to lose. If anyone takes they'rs apart like I did be very carefull not to lose them.

I got my tranny all put back together now and am waiting for a new sealer cap and vent. I had to order those.

I am writing this to let folks know that sometimes just changine the oil may not be enough. You might have to do what I did and give it a good cleaning out. Especialy that fiber filter. It gets full of grit and sludge. I don't recomend disasembling the pump housing at all. I lost one of the tiny steel balls. Lucky for me I had another one.

The upper rotary pump (the one driven by the pully shaft ) is very hard to reasemble.

Comment

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor
More Discussions