SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cagm_gw

New riding mower

cagm
16 years ago

Have a Husqvarna (YTH2148) for three years. Hate it!!!! Problems from day 1. There was always a power problem, fuse problems and I can go on and on. Its probably the Briggs and Stratton engine that I should really be complaining about. Today was the last draw. Lost power (again) but this time black smoke. I am not even going to bring it into the shop or get another boob from sears over (sorry if anyone is a Sears mechanic). It seems its always in the shop for something.

I enjoy cutting my 2.0 acres of sloping lawn. Don't mind the usual upkeep oil changes, air filters, lube etc, in fact I am pretty good at keeping up with usual maintenance. However I know NOTHING ABOUT ANYTHING MECHANCICAL WHATSOEVER. I am a complete idiot when it comes to this stuff. Unfortunately for me, I do not see this changing anytime soon.

So, I don't care about price. I would like a DEPENDABLE riding tractor that has a decent turn ratio and at minimum a 48" deck (not against going bigger). I have never used a riding mower for snow but with a new purchase its probably wise to do so. I live in north NJ so it snows once in a while, nothing too crazy.

I know there is always wars on this forum about one brand vs another and I rather not get into that. Is there a more dependable brand? If so can you tell me a model number that would suit my situation so I can start my homework and purchase soon. Unfortunately this has happened at the time of the year where the grass growns like wildfire.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions