SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joss_1

HELP: A greenhouse in So. Florida... basically to block rain?

joss-1
15 years ago

Hello All, Here in South Florida my orchids are getting too much rain in the Spring/Summer and its caused some problems. I have a frame, its really an iron gazebo frame with roof pitched up to the top center to about 9 feet. I'm looking for something to attach to it, I assume some sort of tough plastic and I would leave ventilated areas around the sides. I need something that will allow the right amount of sun, but block most of the rain... any ideas?? I have this frame on a large concrete slab. I saw a picture of one that I like and it has some sort of canvas tied to chain link fencing for walls. I assume the canvas would help block "sideways rain", while still leaving areas open here and there for sun and ventilation. I'm also going to attempt building a wood table or 2 with a "rabbit wire" top to set my potted orchids on and it will allow all of the water to drain off through the wire top to the ground. I've seen this in some greenhouses in the past... it also allowed roots to grow down through the wire and hang, as orchid roots do. Any ideas would be very much appreciated!! Thanks, Joss

Comment (1)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm