SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eal51

Chains saws/ multi-tools gas trimmers

eal51
17 years ago

I'm hopping over from the tractor forum to acquire useful information before I purhase equipment.

First; I'm looking to purchase a gas powered chain saw for my property I purchased over a year ago. I have 8 acres - 6 are wooded. Looking to fell some trees to clear a couple of areas, trim up some branches and cut for firewood. What are your recommendations?

Second; I've been looking at these gas powered multi garden tools with the changable attachments for trimming grass, hedge trimmers, branch trimmer and tillers and the like. Are these multi garden tools worth the investment or should I stay with my several different tools for specific jobs? My reason for asking is right now, I load up my cart with the tools I need, attach it to the tractor and head out to a section of the property I need to work on. Sometimes it's just the trimmer, other times its the trimmer, pruner for tree branches, brush cutter and other stuff.

If it is worth my effort to invest in one of these multi tools, which brand should I be looking at - Stihl, Echo? Are there others out there that I'm unaware of?

Thank you in advance for your assistance and help.

eal51 in western CT

Comments (15)