SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
johngalt1977

Thinking about buying a JD x300

johngalt1977
14 years ago

After my previous post, I found an x300 that seems like it might be a good deal for a lightly used robust machine. I've been poring over all of the previous posts on this board regarding the X300 and a lot of other issues for a good part of the day and have made an appointment this evening to go check the machine out. I'm fairly certain that this is the way that I'm going to go but in reading this board for the past couple of days I have recognized that the users of this forum have a lot of information at their disposal.

I know there's a lot of "what should I do" in this forum but I'd like to appeal to those of you out there to give me any last minute information.

I described my situation before but will again in this post. The lot is about an acre, fairly flat other than two deep ditches. Pretty smooth on the whole. The driveway is pretty short, maybe about 80'. I do have room across the street for the snow to get pushed so there's no "where do I go with the snow" issue.

Everything I've read here says "buy one step up from where you think you need to be" and I think the x300 with a blade fits that bill. The machine would be used almost entirely for mowing and also winter snow removal.

The link to the ad for the machine that I'm considering is below. I thank everybody for any information you're willing to tender and the two people that responded to my earlier question.

Here is a link that might be useful: Craigslist listing for JD X300

Comment (1)

Sponsored