SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diggerdee

Your biggest, wow-est hosta!

Okay, I know I should post this on the hosta forum, but that is a dangerous place for someone who is trying to keep a burgeoning hosta addiction in check, lol. I will have to show considerable restraint just from any answers to this thread, I am sure!

Anyway, here's the situation. A large, bright-shade, very dry bed in front of a house. As you drive down the street you round the bend and you see the bed before you see the house. So we are going for a first-impression, big-impact thing here.

As you look at the bed from the side (which is the first view of it) there are two trees, and I want to plant a hosta (or maybe two) in between these trees. Currently, there is a Krossa Regal and a Regal Splendor in there. This makes a big, beautiful grouping in my (smaller) garden, but in this friend's garden, the impact is not the same. Not only are they too small for the area, but they are much more dark green and blah, and don't have that nice blue-gray-green coloring.

So anyway, we are looking for replacements, preferably variegated. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dee

Comments (24)