SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calvman

New JD x304 or older JD 325?

calvman
17 years ago

This is my first rider mower purchase and I think I've made up my mind on purchasing a Deere for the reputation for reliability. I've narrowed down my decision to either a new x304 for $3500 or a locally for sale 2000 325 for $2700.

The question I have is it worth it to pay the extra money for a new machine? I wouldn't mind saving the extra cash for purchasing attachments and I've heard about the notorious Deere longevity. The 4 wheel steering would be nice, but not a necessity as I don't have many trees.

My lawn is about 3/4 an acre in size and about 1/4 of it has a long slope. It's reasonably long and steep enough for sledding. Which is a bit concerning for me as I'd rather have a machine that won't strain while climbing the grade. I don't intend to use it for plowing or other ground engaging operations.

I've tried to look up the specs for the 325, but the only information is the same that the seller has provided:

2000 JD 325

18 HP v twin Kaw engine

54" mower deck

hydrostatic transmission

hydraulic deck lift

385 hours

I'd like to know more about the transmission on the 325 as I chose the x304 over the x300 for the better transmission.

Thanks for looking any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
More Discussions