SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drexler_gw

Purple cone flowers comming up.

drexler
15 years ago

Well I'm pretty strict with weeds growing up through my brick walk way. I always use a weed killer to get rid of them. I spray about once a month and that pretty much is all that is needed. But... What do you do when you have seedlings pop up; and you love them?

I had 6 different Purple Cone Flowers come up this year and just didn't have the heart to kill them with the weed killer. So, I left them grow to the point where I have to do something with them. So what do you do? I mean, I've already added 5 beds to the yard since I bought the place 3 1/2 years ago.

It was an easy decision to add yet another flower bed. It is just so addicting to say the least. This is a small bed though. About 3' wide and 9' long. And when I moved the bricks in the walk to get to the cone flowers, I found that I didn't have 6 plants, I had 16. Well, the new bed is not big enough for all of them. My neighbors love my gardens and have begun asking me all kinds of questions. So, I'm sure I can give these away. I just didn't have the heart to kill them. Yup, I'm crazy. hehehe...

Comments (5)