SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loger1_gw

Too Much Large Pecan Wood

loger_gw
10 years ago

Too Much Large Pecan Wood on the curb for the taking in 100 degree heat vs the winter and heavy equipment. This has become common due to the old neighborhoodâÂÂs needs and competitive rates. With my racks full, I am being very select on close small green oak or Pecan. I took a close load of green Red Oak 4âÂÂ-8â dia + cut off the 12"+ dia major limb this week down from poor trimming and rot on a 50 yr old tree. The major limb is still there.

The Pecan on the truck is what a friend is asking me to help him split. My reply is when itâÂÂs below 70 degrees daily after our North TX Heat Wave. He needs to saw up that wood âÂÂwith his sawâ into blocks since it will be for future BBQ and Ext fires.

The Bottom Line! I will not to put myself or equipment out in this heat when I have worked to beat the heat. If I had the space I would store more of the pre cut 12â dia oak and pecan for the seasons to come (splitting it when needed vs now). The wood above 12â dia needs to go to the wood yards where they have heavier equipment for handling the large 18âÂÂ-36â + dia wood.

It would be interesting to know if wood yards would take this large wood free since it cost to take this wood to private Land Fills. The City charges over a certain amount on the curb per month. The attach load is probably within the City Free Pick-up since there is no brush.

Comments (4)