SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redsox_gw

Which trees have least invasive roots?

redsox_gw
16 years ago

My Husband and I had to remove a couple of trees that were damaged in storms. One was a crabapple that really had no leaves and the other ?? I don't know the variety but we lost it in an icestorm. We also removed a fairly healthy tree that was a huge problem for us but still, I felt a bit guilty.

Then we have an ash in the front. Evidently there is a pest on the way that will decimate all of the ash trees and it is already in Ohio so that one is a goner in the next few years. We have a Maple and the roots seem to come out of the ground fairly high and it is supposed to have very invasive roots. We have lots of others but one, a weeping cherry, I love love love.

I plan to put a bed near a group of hemlocks. Evidently they are deeply rooted but how far away would the bed need to be from the last hemlock?

Sorry for all the rambling but we would like to put a couple of new trees in the future but it may be nearby an area for a future bed or two. What are some trees that would not interfere with roses? I mean, their roots are not invasive or are short?

Comments (20)