SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerijensunsetz24

"OTN" From The Sacramento Open Garden Sale Catalog

jerijen
10 years ago

Copies of the catalog, for folks to buy at the Open Garden, are printed, and ready for the trip North. It's a great list of roses, and includes one of my real favorites. (You knew it had to be a "Found" rose, right?)

âÂÂOld Town NovatoâÂÂ

(Found Rose, Probable Hybrid Perpetual,
Discovered by Cassandra Bernstein, 2003)
Very full (80-110 petals) VERY fragrant blooms, from rich fuchsia or magenta to deep pink sport a lighter reverse. The contrast adds additional depth to blooms sporting a button-eye, with a flat to cupped, old-fashioned, quartered, reflexed bloom form. ÃÂ

This prolific bloomer flowers in successive flushes throughout the season, blooms appearing in both small and large clusters, and often distinguished by medium-long, very decorative sepals.

Cass believes âÂÂOTNâ to be identical in growth habit, cane color and texture, and armature to an earlier Found rose �" âÂÂJayâÂÂs Hudson Perpetual,â as grown in the Historic Rose Garden of the Sacramento Old City Cemetery.

In my coastal garden, âÂÂOld Town Novatoâ is astonishingly disease-resistant. (That's something I can't say of most Hybrid Perpetuals.) Its good health makes it a wonderful substitute for the similarly-colored Bourbon, âÂÂMme. Isaac Pereire,â which can be subject to fungal disease in these coastal areas.

See complete details about this at http://www.rosefog.us/OTN.html

Jeri
(Who hopes to see many of you in the cemetery, on April 20.)

Comments (3)