SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fdefulvio

Repaired John Deere LA130 at Lowes for Sale

fdefulvio
17 years ago

I was planning on using my Lowes 10% coupon at Home Depot on a Cub Cadet, but apparently Cub Cadet has the same "price fixing" policy as John Deere, so that's not going to happen. I decided to stop into Lowes to see their JD selection and noticed a repaired LA130 sitting out front with the new ones. It was marked down from $1999 to $1799. The salesman said he could come down to $1699. I figure now I can step up to a better tractor for what I was planning on spending for a new one. I've purchased the tractor, but it is not scheduled to be delivered until next week.

I was told that it is this years model. The tractor appears to be in new condition as it only seems to have some clippings around the bottom. I was able to find out that the repair was to fix a problem with the belt falling off. My concern now is that it doesn't have the mulching plug, which is standard. When I asked about getting that I was told that it is being sold "as is". I'm still under the assumption that it will have the full factory warranty. I'm going to call the Deere dealer who fixed the tractor to clarify this.

Am I getting enough of a discount to justify buying a "repaired" unit with the "as is" terms? I figure if I buy a new one, after one use, you wouldn't know the difference.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
More Discussions