SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
birdwidow

Freezing cold weather, and heated GH entry/exit

birdwidow
17 years ago

After reading so many posts about insulation, heat loss and north walls, I have another question: How to address the issue of the north wall being opened to the cold?

Insulating the north wall is all well and good, but my GH door is located on it, and will be opened no less than 8 x daily, regardless of weather.

I now believe I understand WHY the mfg. of my heater recommended facing it to blow toward the "area of most heat loss": it helps block the intrusion of cold air.

In that vein: Would a floor fan, set close to and blowing warm air directly at the door be of any benefit?

BTW: I'm not trying to drive you all to distraction with questions; just hoping to address every need for electrical outlets before the wiring is installed.

I HATE extension cords. They are not only snares to trip over, but I freely admit to being simply terrified of electricity and the combination of it, and water, even more.

Especially as my neighbor and green thumb buddy, who is as eager as I am to start puttering in my GH and will have free run of it, wears a pacemaker.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations