SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onthebrinck

Unreasonable Request?

onthebrinck
12 years ago

My kids bought be a Craftsmen ride-on mower/tractor 2-1/2 years ago, which I have never liked. And after having to return the first one after one week because it would not go in reverse (seriously!), I got the 3-year in-home service agreement for $350 (seriously?) which I have never used. This season after driving it out to the shed from the garage last week, yesterday it wouldn't started (clicking sound upon attempt). I think the solenoid is broken, but can't be sure, so I decided to call in the service agreement. The woman in the repair department suggested I go to the tractor, disconnect the wires from the battery and hook a cable from my car to it to confirm that the battery was OK. When I refused because I felt skittish about dealing with my vintage Benz with a gazillion HP and playing with its monster battery, she said I could be charged a service call if their guy came and found it was something I could have done myself (seriously!) I don't think a customer with a $350 service agreement should be required to play mechanic over the phone!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions