SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keychange

Intek 8230 23 hp oil cut-off

keychange
10 years ago

I have a near new ( 12 hours) Chinese zero-turn mower with an intermittent but regular fault - it stops and won't start again - which results in a flat battery then when recharged starts first kick. The mower had been in storage for over 2 years and so the battery is not great but the problem persists even using jump start from car,

I have checked relays as best I can but I am suspicious of the oil cut-out switch as we live on a fairly steep block and the failures always coincide with the mower being on a slope. I am not saying it cuts out on the slope as that could easy be my wife's light weight triggering the seat cut out. But I think the failure to restart is related to the slope and the oil cut out. I tested my theory by adding 50 ml of oil and each time it started ok - but now the engine is over filled which I need to drain.

The B&S web site is useless - I am in Australia. Entering model 445577 Type 0139 Trim B1. It is an Intek 8230 724cc - given I know all that the web site refuses to identify the motor and offer me a manual. But I now have some manuals thanks to another forum.

But I am really after a wiring diagram that shows the oil cut-out if possible as I say I believe the oil cut out switch is faulty and would like to disable it for testing purposes. I live 3 hours round trip from my nearest BS dealer and anyway I do not own a trailer big enough that can carry the mower so some testing in situ is called for. I have the parts manual and it describes "Wire Assembly Includes Green Oil Pressure Switch Wire" - but there is no green wire coming out of the engine.

Please help

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022
More Discussions