SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

Flooring question

rjinga
15 years ago

Hi gang, I'm finally making some progress in cleaning out and weeding my GH after a long neglected summer. And I'm planning to lay brick in sand inside.

Some day I'd also like to have plants growing in the ground inside the GH...I have pretty fertile decent (albeit clay) soil and If I had built up beds I could easily amend it and I'm sure whatever was planted there would thrive.

I'm just having some trouble visualizing how/where to put a raised bed.

I have the 10 x 12 HFGH and I have the following pieces of "furniture" to work with and around.

I have a large 3 level plant stand that I put all my seed trays on (it's made with 2x4's and closet type shelving material, so water goes through to the ground.

I also have 2 new shelving units which also will have the closet shelving, but it's base/frame is made from plywood (kind of an L shape with shelving brackets attached for the shelves to sit on).

Then of course I have my 2 big plastic trays that worked quite well last year for starting seeds directly in. I've broken down it's PVC frame that the 2 "bowls" sat into, so I will likely put these somehow on either the 3 tiered stand or the L shaped shelving unit.

I know, I know, I"ll put some visual aids on here soon, to help you help me :)

I guess my main question is do I want to make it simple and just brick the whole floor first, then put stuff (ie: raised beds) on top of that...or should I map out a specific space where I'd like them to be and work around that area.

Hope all that was not too discombobulated to understand. Photos are coming soon.

Comments (12)