SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remy_gw

My Brother's Shady Beds, I Need Suggestions

remy_gw
15 years ago

Hi All,

My brother fixed my car and saved me a lot of money. When I went to pick up my car he was raking out his flower beds of weeds getting ready to re-mulch. Well, not much flower, and a lot of bed, lol. From the previous owner, there are some daffodils, some other bulbs, and a hosta. I told him I would plant somethings for him. He claims everything dies. He had probably tried to plant things inappropriate for the beds. I will plant and water, and come back to water to get the plants established.

Anyway, they face east, one along the drive, one against the house. They are pretty good sized and raised. It is not wet shade like I have.(Plus I don't have much shade in the first place.) The yard is fairly shady from trees. It gets some sun early in the day.

I need plant suggestions of fairly easy care(besides hosta) and that don't spread all over since he will just weed and mulch.

I was also thinking of one nice shrub for the center of the bed that is against the house between the windows. His house is white.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Remy

Comments (18)