SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary1nys_gw

Palatine order..WOW!

mary1nys
16 years ago

I just recd my order from Palatine. They look incredible once again!

I got:

Westerland - (Thanks to Harry's pics!) (Looking for a pretty light purple clematis to pair with it)

Morden Blush

Quadra - (thanks to mad_gallica's pics and hardiness recomendations)

Papa Meilland

Queen of Hearts

Pomponella Fairy Tale (not sold this year on their website but a replacement for a mislabel from last year)

I love Palatine!

I am now planning where to put them. I'm trying to determine how big they will get in zone 5 considering winter dieback. How will Papa Meilland do in zone 5 with protection? Does Morden Blush have any cane hardiness? Any zone 5 experience with these would be great!

Comments (6)

• seattlesuze
    16 years ago

Mary, check out Harlow Carr for a pretty clematis to go with Westerland. It's small enough not to compete but still vigorous, interesting in its shape, and a lovely color to contrast with Westerland's bloom.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Silver Star Vinery

• mgleason56
    16 years ago

Mary - MIne are coming today and I cannot wait to get them! Got my Regans yesterday - okay root structure but nothing to write home about;

Cystalline
    Gypsy Carnival
    Purple Tiger

• madcitymike
    16 years ago

Morden Blush is a keeper in zone 4/5 for me. Very clean and prolific all summer with beautiful pale pink blooms. This spring I would say it still had about 50% green cane, other than what the rabbits had eaten. Much better than average cane hardiness, especially after it's a couple of years old.

Mike

• mary1nys
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Mike. How big does Morden Blush get for you by the end of the season?

Sue, I'll be sure to check out Harlow Carr and Silver Star Vinery is wonderful!

MGleason..how does your order look?

• cattjovi
    16 years ago

I bought Butterfly Kisses and Amaretto climbers and Lemon Circus rose. They were truly the best roses I have ever received. Huge and healthy.
    Arlene

• mgleason56
    16 years ago

Opened up my box from Palatines tonight and as usual, was not disappointed! Here's what I got;

Osiria
    Yorkshire Bank
    Paradise
    South Africa
    Lucille Ball (a surprise from Renee & Rahel)