SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary_pacifica

HFGH question for Gardenwantabe

mary_pacifica
17 years ago

Gardenwantabe, I've enjoyed reading your many helpful suggestions for improving the HF Greenhouse. I've purchased two of them and I'm going to install them with the doors facing each other with six feet between the doors. Then I'll roof the space between them. I'm doing this so I can put screen in the doors and get good ventilation without having to worry about the rain getting in or the wind blowing the roof vents off. I'm in California and don't get much frost. In the past my husband and I built a 20x30' greenhouse from scratch. We made a foundation of 4x6" pressured treated wood which we drilled and pounded rebar through and into the ground making a very secure foundation. Now I'm getting lazy I guess and I don't feel like going to the trouble to add the rebar. Do you think it is necessary? I should add we live close to the ocean and we can get very strong winds.

I'll pay close attention to your suggestions when we get to the next stage. So far we've had to return one kit. It had holes in the box when we picked it up - it looked like a forklift had damaged it. Several of the aluminum parts were mangled past any chance of repair.

I've put one of the steel bases together and it measures a little less then the 10x12' but I'm still planning to make the base 10x12' so there will be a little extra wood on the outside. I hope all the parts are in the box.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH