SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lola_lemon

How is your Francis Meilland doing?

lola-lemon
11 years ago

I got my order from Edmunds a few weeks back. Everything was fine - no great shakes. (my $6 body bags from Lowes were almost twice the cane size and number however. Side note: the $6 roses at Lowes are HUGE things)
There was one exception and that was Francis Meilland- a rose I was really looking forward to.

Sadly, he's in bad shape. Scrawny and dried up and I do not expect him to survive.
I have asked for a replacement and after waiting another month to see if he rises- I get to pick another. Is he worth another try?

I wonder if I should just get Elle or Secret?

If Francis is all that and a bag of chips, then I'll keep at it. After all, I Loved Pope John Paul II (the rose, of course) enough to order him 3 more times after having him die twice. I now have 2 decent size bareroots and another coming to make sure I have one living next spring. (well, fingers crossed).

But I haven't even met FM.. Just saw his handsome picture and bio in the catalog and ordered him on a whim.
If he is a tempermental dud, I'll drop him. If I just got the unlucky runt, then I'll give him another try.

I believe several people on the rose forum got him new this year too. How did he turn out for everyone?? Are you happy?

Comments (11)