SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rrrrbar

Replacement for 1987 Honda 3813 riding mower

15 years ago

First time on the forum so here goes. My 1987 Honda 3813 riding mower was destroyed this past week in a shed fire. By the way the mower still had MANY YEARS of service available. The mower was one of the best machines I have ever owned and used. 13 hp with a 38 inch deck with a 5 speed automatic transmission (could have been larger, but worked well). Started first time every time, even in the spring after sitting all winter. Regular maintenance that included oil changes, filters, plugs (3 sets in over 20 years), fluids, belts, and blades. Major repairs were to the deck that included repairing the attachment points and replacing bearings. We have a couple acres to mow with quite a few trees, but all level. Fortunately I have replacement value so I'm looking for a comparable machine. I feel like the main issue I may have to defend is the longevity and dependability of the machine. So far I have only found one document supporting the quality of the Honda riding mowers and that document is very subjective. Any idears? Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Comments (5)