SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bobby1973_gw

Crape Myrtle Needs HELP

bobby1973
16 years ago

Hi,

Last week I purchased a 'Natchez' (white) Crape Myrtle, and I'm becoming a little concerned about its health now. It's been in the ground for 4 days now, and I'm noticing that a lot of the leaves are yellowing and becoming very crispy in texture - some leaves are even falling off the tree. I asked the nursery that I bought the tree from and they seem to think it's just a lack of water issue. They very well could be right, but I just thought I'd post the message on this forum to get suggestions from my wonderful friends out there. Right now I'm watering it deeply once a day. Do you think maybe I should increase it to once in the early morning, and once in the late afternoon? Besides watering, what else can you suggest I do to improve the tree's health and appearance? I have pretty good, nutrient-rich, well-drained soil that I mixed compost manure into, as well as Bumper Crop. Is there anything else that you think I should do to help the tree establish strong roots? I may not get much of a show from the tree this year, but my hope is that it'll establish itself before winter, and be good as new next spring. I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions that you could kindly offer me. Thanks!

Image link:

Comment (1)