SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
duramaximus

Old Ford Rototiller

duramaximus
16 years ago

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!

Experts take charge!

I am a 28 year old guy here in Waco Texas. I just recently caught the gardening bug and I need some help. I guess gardening is in my blood.. My granddaddy did it, my daddy did it and now I have constructed a little garden paradise in my own backyard......for veggie and herb growing. The thing is I just recieved a tiller from my father today. It's in poor repair, although the chassis and handlebars I feel will be easily restored. I have worked as a mechanic for quite a few years now but I have always had a resource to look up problems. This tiller is a 1970's model Front Tine, Heavy as the day is long, Ford RT8 model number 9GN1005(I think)..... I know nothing about it other than when I was young I remember my daddy using it and it would dig a hole to China. The engine grenaded when I was young and the tiller just sat in my parents backyard until today when I decided I wanted to restore it. Trouble is I can't find much of anything about it on the Web... I would really like to know who manufactured this tiller for Ford. It kinda looks like a Gilson but I'm not sure. Also is there anywhere that specializes in parts for this old beast. I really love the idea of restoring this tiller. It's grown alot of veggies. I just need to be pointed in the right direction. My daddy or somebody disassembled the tiller probably 20 years ago, and now I am not certain how it goes back together. It has an idler system on the rear of the engine(which is no longer on the tiller) and I know it has a forward and reverse...Other than that I am lost...... If anyone knows anything about these tillers I would be forever in your debt.

Thanks Ya'll

Comments (9)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions