SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ozanne64

husqavarnar lt125 transmission issues

10 years ago

Hi
can anyone tell me what could be the cause of the problem i have engaging gear? i have to force it into 5th then pull the lever back to the required gear,reverse is relly hard to select and deselect!
Also i am about to replace the cutting deck so any tips on the best way to do this would be great

Comments (3)

• 10 years ago

might consult your owner's manual - look for info on adjusting the clutch/brake functions as your clutch may not be fully disengaging before you shift gears...
    Another area to check is the shifter linkage itself - may need a bit of lubrication at pivot points (if any).

• 10 years ago

Thanks for the advice but i dont have a manual, i bought it second hand

• 10 years ago

look on your tractor for a factory ID plate - often located in the cavity under the tilting seat - get full model number, serial number and mfgr's name info..... using google search or similar, find mfgr's website >look for a service/manuals tab> enter your info as needed >download or order the manual.
    As an alternative, you can try a web search using the mfgr's name along with the model number (husqvarna xxxxxx manual)... you may find other sources that way.... or perhaps one of the knowledgable responders on this board can post you a link to such. Good luck.

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus