SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

What is this (a bit OT)

karyn1
16 years ago

I'm hoping that someone here might be able to ID whatever this is. I posted on the "Pest & Disease" forum but haven't received any responses and I'm afraid it will be moot if I don't find out anything soon because of the temps. So many of you have such a great knowledge of plants and I figured I'd give it a shot. There's these weird reddish orange spots on my dragon fruit (they look brown in the photos). They look kind of like a very flat scale with a slight swelling in the center and maybe something inside but it's not squishy like a mature scale when you crush it. You can peel them off but it takes a layer of the plant with it. The area where it's been removed slowly decays and becomes a hole but it doesn't appear to spread through the plant. There are loads of these things in all different sizes. Only the very outermost sections of the plant has this. I'm afraid to put it in the greenhouse, even if I cut off the affected portions and it's getting pretty darn cold at night here. Can my plant be saved if I remove all the portions that have these spots? It's about 10' from tip to tip and has multiple sections.

Thanks,

Karyn

{{gwi:371545}}

{{gwi:371546}}

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH