SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindy_john_gw

Looking for insect killers and can't find them

cindy_john
14 years ago

Hi everyone!

I am a newbie rose gardener and I am so excited about my new plantings!

I just had 18 hybrid teas planted in a formal layout and I cannot wait until June of next year to see my beautiful roses bloom.

Since I am absolutely terrified of bugs, I took out a few books from the local library to find out what my options are to kill them. One book in particular sounds wonderful, although I am unable to find nearly all the products that it recommends perhaps because the book appears to look like an older one (no date in it). It says "to create a pest free rose garden which will both delight you and be the envy of the neighborhood, the modern gardener should follow these easy and quick recommendations"Â..

In late spring, saturate the soil to at least 1 inch deep with 2-3 teaspoons per gallon of water of either Chlordane or Dieldrin. Each week thereafter, spray your roses early in the morning once a week with 1 teaspoon each of the following three insecticides to a gallon of water: Malathion, Lindane and Methoxychlor.

"The results will be truly amazing! Â.Do not be one bit surprised if the neighbors start begging you for your secret"

I went to two garden centers and the only thing I could get was malathion. Does anyone know of a mail order or supply house where I could send for any of the others?

Yes, I admit itÂI do want to be the envy of the block, especially since IÂm new to the neighborhood!

Thank you! Cindy

Comments (43)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor