SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kevn1115_gw

Help with Prunus Caroliniana Compacta 'Bright 'N Tight'

kevn1115
12 years ago

Hi, I live in Southern California, Zone 10. I recently had a line of 15-gallon Carolina Cherry shrubs (Prunus caroliniana 'Compacta' Bright 'n Tight) planted along a wall in my back yard. The goal was to prune this into a hedge over time. They were planted approx. 3' apart. Some of these plants are having an issue with the leaves turning red and then having a very jagged appearance. I have heard of shot hole fungus, but what I have seems more severe. I have posted several pictures of the plants and some of the damage that is occuring; the damage appears only cosmetic, as the plants seems to be healthy. They are growing new buds. Can anyone out there confirm if this is "shot hole fungus" or some other type of disease/fungus/insect attack? I'd like to keep these plants in the best condition possible. Also, there is no overhead watering taking place. They are watered only thru ground sprinklers.

Also, if there is a fungicide that I can use, that will only prevent further damage, right? It won't do anything for the damage that has already occurred? If so, do I need to prune the plants to remove leaves that are affected with this condition?

Thanks in advance for any help!

{{gwi:285530}}

{{gwi:285531}}

{{gwi:285532}}

{{gwi:285533}}

{{gwi:285534}}

Comments (4)