SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darrinky

HFGH update

darrinky
17 years ago

Well she is still standing after some pretty windy days here in ky. I am proud. I did lose a few panels on the roof that I did not screw in because i was waiting on a larger ladder. I screwed those in today a caulked what gaps i could find. My heater will be in early this week. Electric is run but laying on the ground. Plan to rent a ditch witch and put gas electric and water in the ground. Wondering if I want to bury water deep enough to keep from freezing or just blow it out in winter. I am scared to go to deep to avoid hitting my bleeder lines from the septic??? I am scared the stub up in the greenhouse may freeze anyway since it won't be underground. I plan on heating all winter but that may change. I may just bury 4 or 5 inches and blow the line out. Will i miss the water flow come winter.... I can always pump out of my thermal mass barrels and just top those off come winter.... decisions, decisions. Installed the vent fan and thermostat today. Need to install a horizontal fan for air movement in the structure... not sure what else... any suggestions? I couldn't take it anymore so i sowed a few flats of seeds today... I know it will get cold before the heater shows up but that will just stratify the seeds in the meantime. Sort of like winter sowing until the heater is up and running. I found an awesome deal on a display metal shelf at lowes today. They use them for bulb and bagged plant displays. Nice metal four shelf adjustables. Have seen similiar set ups sell for 75 dollars.... GOT MINE FOR $5.00. They toss them out!!! I will take a few pics soon. WHat next guys??? How do you guys stub up your water connections? Thought about doing a simple riser with a shut off valve similiar to ones coming out of a house. I need to order a shade cloth.... been reading about this bubble wrap pool cover stuff... seems too simple and good to be true. Looking at the pool places for a mis sized or torn cover for cheap. Not real sure how much it will help. Read that I need to insulate my North wall but that faces the house and will look funny, not to mention that the doors are there and may not be totally effictive? I need to put some weather stripping where the doors meet. IT has been fun yet costly so far. I am at about $1000 bucks and should get it all done for under $1500. I hope to have more elephant ears than I know what to do with.

Comments (5)