SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heather0530_gw

Any idea what types of flowers these are???

heather0530
15 years ago

You'll have to bare with me on this because it is very hard to see in the picture. The one in question is right along the outside of my basement wall underneath the window with the red curtains, around the boxer statue, and left of the little green bush (sorry I am a complete garden beginner, I'm horrible with names). You can see two sprouting up. All that's visible is the stem and a couple long sturdy leaves. I think I planted it too late in the season and no flowers even bloomed, although it did grow taller. I dug up the bulbs (it is an actual bulb, not a rhizome) in case it's not hardy in my area. I'm hoping it'll bloom for next year so I can see it. I have it labeled (you can see alittle part of the label, most of it is blocked by the flower in question) but I used a purple sharpie instead of black and the sun bleached it away so all I have is a blank label.

{{gwi:31728}}

The second in question is a lot easier to see. I caught it's picture while in bloom. It resembles gladiolus but I'm not sure if it is one.

{{gwi:31727}}

All suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you for helping out a newbie!

Thanks,

Heather

Comments (6)