SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardnergal

hfgh 10x12: pictures from HF

gardnergal
17 years ago

I am finally assembling my hfgh, and have benefitted from all the posts from those of you who have already done so (especially Oray, Laserfan and Gardenerwantabe). Unfortunately the manual and posts have been revised over the past year or so, as the product has evolved, and the instructions are not always applicable to the current parts assembly.

For instance, I have read Laserfan's and Oray's posts about assembly of the back braces, #31, and their connections to the connector #48 and the corner brackets #49. The manual says to put a long bolt in "the center" (wherever that is) and a strut bolt on each end (which I thought was at Corner stud #7, but the next step has me attaching to the corner bracket #49 with a long bolt instead...)

In desperation I called HF and they offered to send me photographs of major assembly stages, which their personnel have generated. Presumably they are from a successfully standing GH. There are 25 pictures which, although not detailed enough to show the type/length of bolts used, does help to clarify the assembly. If I was savvy enough I would post them here for all to see, but I am a Bear of Little Brain when it comes to greenhouse kit assembly as well as posting photographs.

They were not able to explain about the back brace #31 assembly, or how many bolts actually go into the stud slots (Ray indicated 4 long bolts should go in slots at 3 center side studs and 2 center back studs, contrary to the manual instructions. The 3 center roof studs (both sides) get 2. But he also says that 2 short bolts will be used to attach the studs at top and bottom (not 2 long ones which I installed), with the 4 long ones to be used later. I am still trying to figure this out.

Naturally I picked the windiest day on record to start assembly (alone). It's been slow going.

Comments (6)