SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nielsent

Reinforcing a hoop frame

nielsent
16 years ago

I recently bought a hoop style greenhouse from weather guard. I am really disappointed in the design of this product but I'm not ready to give up on it yet. The problem is that none of the hoop frame parts fit securely together {{gwi:292719}}. The structure relies on some string and the plastic cover to hold it together. I know I'm extremely new at this, but I am having a real problem wrapping my brain around tying steel frame together with string. Is that common? Not only that, but I was hoping to cover the frame with insect screen during the summer, so I can't rely on the plastic cover to hold everything together.

I found an article where the writer secured the frame by using eyebolts and bungee cords, but still, I don't really like the idea of tying the frame together. Click here for article.

I would prefer to secure the frame by bolting the pieces together, or maybe JB Weld? I also found a "pipe threader" product, but they are pretty expensive so I would like to ask for advice first. Anyone have any suggestions ?

Comments (9)