SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
martina_deluca

I'm picking the wrong OGR's???

Martina DeLuca
15 years ago

I planted some OGR's last year and bought a Clotilde Soupert this year as a band.

Of course, now that I've read more about Clotilde Soupert, I understand about the balling and it's not the right rose for my climate.

Fellenberg...I've been waiting all week because it had buds all over. It's still a small plant as well. When I came home from work yesterday, the roses still weren't open. They are balled together so tight and apparently are not going to open. Is this another rose that does not do well in heat and humidity? Or is it something I'm doing wrong?

Carnation...This one is small as well. It bloomed once fine and since then, I'll see buds one day and then the buds are gone. So, something's eating them? It is planted near Fellenberg and nothing touches that.

Enfant De France....I don't think was a very strong plant and it died. I would like to try another if it will grow here.

These are all own root roses.

Another rose, Bleu Magenta (it is a band)....had 6 buds on it. Yesterday, three of them were yellow down to the first set of leaves and when I touched them, they just fell off. The next set is doing the same thing. One bud is brown at the top and the stem is turning yellow. The plant looks healthy and I pulled the bud apart and there were no bugs??

Anyway, any help would be appreciated as I'm still new at this. I have 18 bands to plant including Violette, Veilchenblau, Excellez Von Schubert etc and want to make sure I'm not missing something I should be doing or looking for.

Thanks!!

Tina

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths