SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherry_roma

Rose Nabonnand anyone?

sherryocala
14 years ago

I got this rose by mistake last fall and then decided to keep it. How could I let go of a pretty tea rose? There are no photos of it on HMF and very little information. I bought her from Angel Gardens who may have gotten it from the Goodwood Plantation Rose Sale in Tallahassee. I have seen about 3 flowers on her so far. Last fall her flower was pale salmon/pink barely double with a beautiful bud. Yesterday's flower was what I would call the palest porcelain blush of a Victorian lady's complexion with no yellow. The one significant thing that HMF says is that she's "thornless (or almost)." I just ran out with the flashlight, and my rose is thornless! Dickerson says, "Thorns rare, but protrusive". His description of the color is in the ballpark of my rose.

Does anyone else grow her? I'd really like to see some photos and read your impressions of this rose. I think I'm going to like mine. For one thing she holds her flowers straight up and strong.

Yesterday (I think our chilly weather is making small flowers with lower petal counts) Today she was wide open already & not a lot of petals and almost no pink left.

{{gwi:243652}}

{{gwi:243653}}

Sherry

Comments (5)