SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vdinli

Can you help me fill this gap? Pics incl

vdinli
15 years ago

Hi, all! My first post here! I am learning a lot by browsing this forum but would like some direction at this point. You guys sure know ur shrubs and all their botanical tongue twister names! Good thing I know how to copy paste onto google images :-)

I have this gap in my front garden bed that I would like to fill with some shrubs, preferably evergreen. More info about the bed:-

It faces northeast and is about 6-7ft wide and because of the windows, have a maximum height restriction of about 5 ft. I would say the entire bed is about 25 ft long and the gap is about 8ft.

It gets mostly morning sun(about 5-6hrs) and afternoon and eve shade.

As it is against the foundation, I don't want to water it a lot.

I would like to have an evergreen background that I could plant with perrennials and annuals in front.

{{gwi:268904}}

So far, I am considering the boring boxwoods or yews for the background. I think I might have space for two shrubs-Should I do one of each or two of the same kind.

I was also considering Pieris japnoica but am worried about it being a slow grower.

Any other suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance

Vinaya

P.S: Before anyone points it out, we will be moving the spruce forward as it sits too close to the foundation!

Comments (12)