SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alderson2011

Peppermint Star Dianthus & Ducks?

ALDERSON2011
13 years ago

I was excited this morning to grab my cup of coffee and head out to plant my newly purchased Peppermint Star Dianthus. I decided to do a little more research on proper planting and came across an issue I hope someone can help me with.

I intended to plant these in an old boat that we have beside our pond (yard art?!). I am now fearful of planting these in this location because we now have 5 big healthy ducks in our pond. Unfortunately I am unschooled in this area ( ducks & plants ). The article I read stated these plants have toxic parts to them. I do not know if the ducks will pick at them. We had two geese that came every year to nest on the island in the middle of the pond that I had to constantly shoo out of my flower garden. Do ducks behave the same way? I certainly don't want to harm the ducks but believe these are the perfect plant for this area. Any suggestions would help! ( in case it is helpful to know, these ducks are flightless so they are permanent residents for as long as my Irish Wolfhound understands that they are not toys )

Comments (3)