SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cemeteryrose

Sacramento Historic Rose Garden Open House

cemeteryrose
13 years ago

Hi - our next open garden is April 16th. We have less roses for sale this year, but we think that we have the best selection ever of found roses that you can't buy anywhere else. We've been planting more companion plants, pruning and weeding, and the garden looks great. We are keeping our fingers crossed that the weather will cooperate, and planning to have a wonderful time no matter what.

The Open Garden is on Sat, Apr 16, from 930 to 200. For the best selection of roses, come early and line up. Jeri is preparing yet another heartbreakingly beautiful catalog that will make you want to buy them all. Some roses will be sold in a Silent Auction. There will be tours of the rose garden and of the Hamilton Square perennial plant garden, and a history tour of the cemetery overall. You can buy shirts and aprons with our logos. It's always a wonderful day.

What: Open Garden

Where: Sacramento Historic Rose Garden, in the Sacramento Historic City Cemetery, 1000 Broadway (park across the street)

When: April 16, 930-200.

Who: Volunteers of the Sacramento City Cemetery

Why: Roses to buy. Roses to see. Friends old and new.

By the way, the cemetery is open five days a week, Fri-Tues, and will be converting to summer hours of 7-7 on April 1st. If any of you come to Sacramento at other times to see the rose garden, let me know and I will try to join you there. I simply love taking people through it - my reward for thousands of hours of volunteer labor.

Anita

Comments (9)