SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grullablue

I would really appreciate ideas, opinions

grullablue
16 years ago

I am really quite new to this landscaping stuff...I'm surprised I have managed to keep a house plant alive for several years! Our house is 6 years old and I still have not put any foundation plantings in. And I keep going back and forth....arborvitaes, boxwoods, some type of shrub anyway. Our septic system was right in front of the house, so my husband got this idea to make an octagon type area out of landscape timbers around it, like a raised bed. Leaves access to the tank covers when needed, yet when planted, covers up the huge eyesore that was there. I am planting a butterfly/hummingbird wildflower type mix there. We've got it dug up and ready to go. So along the foundation, the plan is to create another raised bed, rectangular, and to match up with the octagon shape. But I just don't know what to plant....preferrably something low maintenance, and don't want it to grow higher than the windows....watering is not an issue, I can do that, and if I had my choice, given the color of our house, I would LOVE pygmy crimson barberry shrubs, but cannot do that as I see they need full sun. This is a partial (direct) sun area, and on the north side of the house. I have photos, and have seen people post photos here, but am unsure how to do it. Sorry! Thank you much, I really have been researching and agonizing over this decision for quite some time! And have decided it is TIME to make a decision... Thank you!!

Angie

Comments (4)